The Building Emergency Management Team (BEMT) is a team of building occupants who assist with emergency procedural functions during an incident. The Team helps move occupants, provides direction, and may help out first responders on scene to provide access control and management of occupants. These Teams are made-up of staff, faculty in leadership positions. If you want to be part of your building's BEMT, please contact us today! The BEMT roles include:
- Building Emergency Manager (BEM)
- Alternate Building Emergency Manager (BEM)
- Floor Managers (FM)
BEMTs assist with the execution of emergency procedures including:
- Evacuation: escort building occupants to and from the designated Rally Point.
- Shelter-in-Place: direct occupants in the building to a safe location during a weather-related incident or other hazardous outdoor event
- Lockdown: help secure the building when there is an external threat to building occupants or the campus.
To schedule a BEMT training or refresher, please get in touch and we'll get you on the calendar.