- Learn emergency numbers and post them in visible areas.
- Know where the nearest exits and fire alarms are located.
- Check with your parents' insurance company to see if your property is covered under their homeowners' policy while you are attending school.
- Do not prop open any residence hall doors because you do not know whom you may be letting in!
- Lock your door and take your keys with you even if you are just leaving for a minute, even if you are just going to the restroom.
- Lock your door when you and your roommate are sleeping.
- Do not leave notes on your door stating that no one is home or when you will return.
- Keep all valuables out of sight and locked up if possible.
- Do not keep large sums of money around.
- Keep a record of all your valuable items, noting descriptions, serial numbers and approximate monetary value of all items. These records should be kept in a secure location.
- Do not loan your keys to anyone and do not attach your TUid to your keys.
- Do not allow strangers into your room.
Don’t Wait and See—Call Immediately
- Report any suspicious person or behavior to Temple Police (215-204-1234).
- Don't Stall; just call: report any medical emergencies and alcohol related concerns to Temple Police.