We, the members of the Temple University Department of Public Safety, are committed to excellence. Our team of diverse and trained professionals is committed to nurturing a safe and desirable space for those who live, work and visit. We build partnerships to solve problems and improve public safety in a manner that is consistent, impartial, and transparent.
Temple University Department of Public Safety aspires to establish an environment for its community that is conducive to quality living, learning and working, We will accomplish this as a result of our level of professionalism, service, and excellence. We will distinguish ourselves as a leader in public safety, grounded in core principles and driven by innovative solutions.
1. Integrity: Integrity depends on consistently doing what is right, meaning that which is in the best interest of the organization and of others.
2. Professionalism: We will be professional in our daily actions, behavior, and performance and maintain high standards of training and expertise by keeping abreast of new trends, standards, and technology in the field of public safety.
3. Respect: We recognize the authority we hold and will treat others as we would like to be treated. We faithfully, and without bias, honor our obligations to the community.
4. Competence: We are skilled professionals, exhibiting a quiet confidence in the performance of our duties; demonstrating adaptability to all situations, accompanied by a desire for continuous improvement.
5. Customer Service: We will deliver to our community a high quality of service that is fair, courteous, responsive, and efficient. We also recognize the need to involve the community as partners in creating a secure and safe environment.